Sunday 11 January 2015

In Bangalore

I am here, I am in India! 

Thanks to Morag Deyes, Artistic Director of Dance Base Edinburgh and her crazy life changing idea to nominate me, and to Jayachandran Palazhy Artistic Director of Attakkalari for inviting me to participate in this amazing residency!


Only now having been here for a week do I feel as if I have really arrived..

I arrived in Bangalore last Saturday, and being my first time here in India it has been an incredible introduction as the doors open to this wondrous, complex yet simplistic and spiritual land. Bangalore has become home this past week, and will remain so for the next 5 weeks. And that is exactly how I feel, at home here in this vast and fast paced city rich in people, tradition and history. 


The city and people here welcome you with warmth and respect, feeling safe to wonder and roam freely (but still to have your wits about you) exploring the city and finding ones own rhythm and transitional place here.

The city life is thriving, and growing at such a fast rate, an incredible culture, so many people in one space and all able in an unspoken manner, to negotiate their way through the crowded and narrow labyrinth of roads, colours and smells. A pace and energy of life that could and would possibly seem chaotic and fill you with confusion, some how enables you to find stillness, as you surrender to all that you think you are.. 

Namaste

CJ
xxx 




No comments:

Post a Comment