Monday 12 January 2015

Week 2 - Day 1 Begin again

| Week 2 |

Day 1
12.01.2015

I begin again

I find myself in the studio - and I begin again. 

Those whom are aware of my creative work and process, Graceful Warrior and Silent Warrior, these solos studies are created in 4 days, then performed and shared on day 5.
And so last week I created Warrior of Light the final chapter of these studies, and performed it on the 5th day, Saturday 10th, for a small dance audience at Attakkalari studio. 

So theoretically I have finished the final chapter of this Warrior trilogy, 
but it is very much still in the making..

What do you do when you have created a solo, completed a trilogy? 

you begin again
and as I have time here in Bangalore to explore deeper, I begin to question, the meaning, the reason and that all important question, WHY? 
Now to find the courage, and to allow the self doubt to dissolve, as I begin to take more risks!

So now, the residency offers International mentors that work with the emerging choreogrpahers, meeting for 1-2-1 sessions, questioning and challenging the choreographers process!
 
This week I have already been working with the renowned Swiss Choreographer Philippe Saire, and German sound artist Martin Lutz

How your past follows and catches up with you, you travel half way round the globe, and as always in the dance world, we are all connected or worked together in some way through distant relatives and friends.

Well yesterday - Monday was exhausting - my process just got flipped, I am interested to explore the opposites, here to explore all possibilities in life and art, why not do the absolute opposite of what you think, and of who you think you are. 

You might surprise yourself.. 
and reveal something you never knew was there before.
 Last week there was a solo, Warrior of Light, full of drama, tension, expressing a story that is FULL of emotion, exploring endurance and survival

this week - new working title

'Too Lazy to be Emotional'

with the warrior being there already in the shadows, and a story already been born, am intrigued to see where these new inspirations and tools will take me..  

 
Sign Appears;

Life, 
Risk Ahead
Carry Love to Protect
 
********
 
There was another mentor who visited me in the day also, Kala's 9yrs old son, whom was in the studio all day, who taught himself how to use my camera and came back an hour later with some beautiful photos.. 
 


the local building site, quite incredible to watch these men at work, 
and the RISKS they take up that scaffolding!
 
 the calm balcony to take rest

 texture, form and line

 the artist himself, and an excellent dancer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment