Wednesday 21 January 2015

Day.. stopped counting

Today, I saw blue sky

Hasn't been seen since arriving in the city, as a blanket of dust fills the air and dulls the colours of the sky. But after rehearsing today went out on search of some fresher air and clearer skies. So the Botanical Gardens called to me and lured me south of the city. I sat under a larger tree, along with many squirrels, birds and monkeys, and began to decompress from the city.. 

before I knew it I had been sat there for 3hrs.. stillness, my body started to tingle, and the dust from my lungs cleared, I wanted to breathe deeply into the belly - then as dusk fell, I gathered my renewed energy and set home, back on the rickshaw and 10mins later, through what seemed to be an even busier city, my memories took me back under the tree..

This moment of breath and stillness will feed me for the new day, note to self must take these moments daily, if at all possible!


****

Tomorrow evening there is a sharing of work in progress. 5 of the FACETS residences, myself one of them, and will show what it is we have been working on these past 3 weeks, really we are in week 3...


and so in keeping with my changing and evolving process, 3rd week, brings 3rd working title, and one I shall be working with till the end of the process (she says!).. 


| Borrowed Light |

Since the moment of arrival, here in Bangalore, much wonderful and helpful advice has been given;

Walk like cow” a pace now happily adopted
Life, is Risky!”
on crossing the road, said knowing smile & nodding head

Take rest” after any journey made

''Any idea or concept you arrived here with, from this moment drop it, let it go, and let being here be your discovery” given two weeks into choreographic creative process

Borrowed Light is an exploration about the many paths tried and tested in life, and aware that there are many more waiting to be discovered. Having courage to take risks, braving the darkness of fear, and truly seeing what is in front of us. A reminder that we are all here, right now, experiencing this moment together. Follow the path of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment